When a person meets with a REALTOR and wants to look for a future home, the REALTOR will preform several pre-listing activities:
1. Research all comparable currently listed properties
2. Research sales activity for past 18 months from MLS and public records databases
3. Research "Average Days on Market" for this property of this type, price range and location
4. Download and review property tax roll information
5. Prepare "Comparable Market Analysis" (CMA) to establish fair market value
6. Compile and assemble formal file on property
All of these activities performed by the Realtor will greatly benefit the perspective buyer in his search for a new home!